Goldbergs Fine Food cashier/host is responsible for facilitating the cash register processes and managing financial transactions. The cashier/host process online payments, respond to customers’ inquiries and concerns, escalate high-level complaints, facilitate 3rd party delivery orders, and perform various administrative and clerical tasks as needed.
A cashier/host must be analytical and communicative to maintain smooth operations and achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
- Greet guests, answer phones, seat guests, prepare to-go orders, POS station, handle cash.
- Answer telephone calls regarding group party reservations and business information.
- Assist with cleaning the front of house areas.
- Perform debit, credit and cash transactions, total accountant on computer database, using specialize POS accounting software.
- Restock supplies and maintain restaurant cleanliness.
- Maintain an up-most standard for customer satisfaction and restaurant cleanliness.
- Accept and organize reservations, and prioritize reservations to accommodate customers.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 1+ year experience as a cashier with restaurants or retail
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Strong math skills for cash handling
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs
- Ability to stand for long and walk long periods of time (6+ Hours)
- Conflict management